I recently purchased a special edition magazine describing the incredible impact the Reverend Billy Graham has had on countless lives all over the world. There was no corner of society his ministry did not touch in some significant way. Of course, much of his influence came through his crusades where thousands would hear the Word of God and respond to the good news of the gospel of Christ. One such crusade was in New York, New York in 1957. Take a look at this staggering picture!
As I surfed through several other similar pictures, there was a predominant question that surfaced in my thoughts: “If God were to raise up another Billy Graham type of a servant today, would such a massive crowd still gather to hear the Word of God preached with authority?” With the increasing antagonism that exists toward the gospel and the Word of of God’s truth today, doesn’t that sound like a fair question? Perhaps that is why Mr. Graham stated later in his life and ministry: “I believe one of the next great moves of God is going to be in the workplace.”
“Restoring a sense of divine mission to companies and churches”
I agree with him. There is a crying need my friends to reach, disciple, and equip people in the workplace. Though crusades still may have an impact in reaching the lost (especially in various countries outside the U.S.), they are—at least in American culture—much more limited in the effectiveness they once had. The days are also quickly diminishing when an unchurched person will simply decide he/she should “try out” church by attending a worship service, unless they are intentionally invited by a friend or family member. The workplace (where we spend 60% or more of our waking hours) has to be seen and leveraged as a place to worship Christ with joy and to witness for Christ with boldness and enthusiasm!
That is what Kingdom Way Ministry is all about. I want to share two quick testimonies that accentuate this need:
One came from a business man in a church where I preached on about our work being a prime avenue for worship and witness. He stated, “I’ve been attending this church for years and I don’t remember every hearing such an encouraging and practical message of how I can leverage my workplace as a ministry.” Another came from a middle aged woman while dropping my twin boys off for a Youth Retreat. Before I knew what was happening she was standing right before me gleaming with thanks. She elated, “Pastor Dan, I just wanted to thank you so much for the message you gave a couple of months ago. My husband had come to hate his work, waking up each morning dreading the day ahead. He had become depressed, irritable, and it was affecting our marriage deeply. That one message has changed his life! He gets up looking forward to the ministry that Christ has for him through his work. He comes home with stories of how he sees God working and using him, and our marriage is in a place that is very fulfilling again.”
These stories are just scratching the surface of what God is starting to do in and through KWM. If you are interested in reading other stories, we are starting to compile some on our new website in this blog section. In order for us to continue impacting such people and leaders of companies and churches who have the potential to exponentially multiply these kinds of stories, KWM would like to humbly ask you to consider making a generous year-end-gift and/or becoming a KWM monthly support partner.
We are asking God to do what seems impossible for His honor and glory! We are begging Him to provide at least $50,000 by the end of this year or the first week or two of the New Year. Would you please take this before the Lord and ask Him if this is a way He would have you steward the resources He has given you? What will your gift(s) to God do? How will they be used?
- For the start-up costs of KLC groups in January. Lord willing we will be starting a group in Denver and 2 or more in Fort Collins. (The material costs will include: customized lessons, binders, journals, books, printing costs, etc.)
- For professional video-taping/editing of KLC teaching segments so that we can produce DVD’s for other facilitators in the future who will be trained to start up other KLC groups after we get several months of them under our belt.
- Finishing and continuing website development, maintenance and hosting.
- EFCA Membership (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability). This is a desire / directive KWM’s board would like to pursue.
- For travel for other fund-raising meetings we are planning.
- To help offset office rental and expenses. The KWM offices will need to be moved sometime in 2014 after founder, Jim Dismore, sells his home and office space and moves to Arkansas.
- For a part time administrative assistant, hopefully to start by summer of 2014 if not sooner.
- To enable me to remain full-time after my Interim Pastorate finishes at the end of this year until we are able to be fully funded by monthly partners.
- For Traveling expenses to Trinidad and Tobago in the first quarter of the year. We have been asked to help with some leadership training and ministry planning in some local churches there. In addition, there is a great movement of God happening there with leaders in churches and companies who are wanting our assistance to help them start a training center in Trinidad and Tobago that could potentially reach leaders throughout the Caribbean Islands.
Please check out 7 ways you can contribute, should God nudge you to join Him in what He is doing in and through KWM.
I sincerely believe your gift(s) will be used to bring great glory to God and a blessing to us and to you! I have this visual that every gift that is given to God zaps up to heaven. He then receives it, beaming with pride because we have let go of what is already rightly His, and then He sends it back in duplicate form: to shower both the giver and the receiver with an incredible blessing! Thank you for your prayerful consideration!
“This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God’s people, But is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and your generosity in sharing…” (2 Cor. 9:12-13b)
President/CEO – KWM